Quick, fast, easy. In our busy, multitasking world, those buzzwords capture our attention. But speed can kill creativity and the enjoyment of our creative pursuits. Maybe what we really need to do is slow down, enjoy the process, and create fiber art that we’re really proud of. But how?
The Slow Stitching Movement is an illuminating and inspiring revolution within the stitching and fiber art industry, launched by international quilting personality Mark Lipinski.
Modeled after the international Slow Food movement, The Slow Stitching Movement is open to all fiber and needle artists and will prepare you for a higher form of creativity and important work in the needle and fiber arts, be it quilting, knitting, crochet, tatting, embroidery, rug hooking, weaving, needlepoint, cross stitch, etc.
Following the tenets of The Slow Stitching Movement you will:
- Approach your creative art-making in a totally different way.
- Recharge your passion for the needle fiber arts .
- Engage the connection between your body, your quilts, and your legacy. .
- Expand your creativity, self-esteem and even your spiritual journey.
- Tap your right brain, to train and develop your imagination.
- Find the creative genius in you.
- Implement your creative thought in today’s too-fast world.
- Heal your life, emotions and boost your physical health.
- Create groups and habits to support your creative vision.
If you’ve hit a creative wall, if you have more yarn, fabric, floss, threads, and notions than you do inspiration, if all of your projects are beginning to look alike, or if you’ve been creating in the needle arts for years and have nothing especially wonderful to show for it . . . The Slow Stitching Movement is for you.